News:

Stand Up Paddling, Foil, SUP Foiling, Foil Surfing, Wing Surf, Wing Surfing, Wing Foiling.  This is your forum!

Main Menu

Competitive pool paddling?

Started by Off-Shore, March 26, 2015, 07:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Off-Shore

SB 9' x 33' x 4.1" - RPC 9'8" iSUP - SB All-Star 12'6" - Blue Planet Bump Rider 14 - SB Ace 14 x 27 - RedAir 14' Elite Race - SIC Bullet 14v1 TWC - SICMaui F16v3 Custom

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/HksupaHk_SUP_and_Downwinding

Admin

The length limit is BS and entirely sways the advantage to the lightweights. Competitors should be able to use whatever length they want.

PonoBill

From the crowd size I'd say it's about as successful a spectator sport as SUP racing.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

pdxmike

That's a great event.  There's been something very similar with standup--tying two boards together with a leash attached to each's leash plug, so the paddlers have their backs to each other, then paddling, so the weaker paddler ends up being pulled backwards across a line in the middle.  I think someone here (blueplanetsurf?) actually organized an event that included Danny Ching (I think).  There could even be a photo on an old thread.

pdxmike

Quote from: Admin on March 26, 2015, 07:30:03 AM
The length limit is BS and entirely sways the advantage to the lightweights. Competitors should be able to use whatever length they want.
Yes, even at the length they were in, they could barely fit the name of their klub on the side.  Any shorter, and they would have had to start deleting the vowels like the Croatians do. Which would have been confusing, since "LDSTNK KLB SPRTW WDRCH" is actually the name of a Skrpcician criminal organization.

This also reminds me of when my brother lived in Poland, and he saw a flyer for a surfski club that he decided to join because he always like surfskis.  But it turned out to be a surfing club. 

Admin

Better than if had he liked skiing.

pdxmike

Quote from: Admin on March 26, 2015, 11:07:13 AM
Better than if had he liked skiing.
He actually did enjoy his skiski club.  It took him awhile to find it, though.  He started out trying to join a "ski klub", and it turned out they weren't interested in anything at all.

Admin

Recent Posts

September 19, 2024, 05:49:13 AM

Recent Topics

topic
lazymodo
September 19, 2024, 05:49:13 AM
topic
B-Walnut
July 31, 2024, 11:06:34 PM
topic
kitesurferro