News:

Stand Up Paddling, Foil, SUP Foiling, Foil Surfing, Wing Surf, Wing Surfing, Wing Foiling.  This is your forum!

Main Menu

Best deck pad?

Started by punasurf, August 09, 2012, 09:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

punasurf

I wish that I had known that the OAM was not closed cell before I just ordered one, but as long as it doesn't get too heavy it's okay.  Read the reviews here and elsewhere and one in particular had tried many brands but really liked OAM and stressed the importance of a kick pad.  Besides, the rasta colors and free shipping to Hawaii were a bonus.

Thanks for all the input. Aloha

AJR

If it matters to you the Xtraks are made in the USA whereas OAMs come from overseas.  I was going to get the OAM given the reviews and price (cheaper and had tail pad) but at the time they had zero stock and kept slipping the arrival date. I wasn't going to wait a potential couple weeks for the pad because it was a brand new custom board and i was dying to surf it...

DurhamSUP

Just picked up some eva foam padding from Big Lots today. Typically an anti-fatigue mat. It feels and looks just like hydroturf and it's grippy when wet. Got enough to cover 2 boards. Not sure how it will hold up, but for $18 it's worth a shot.
...plus it's got a diamond plate pattern. ;D

loosehead

i got a roll of cork from home depot for$100.enough to  do 15-20 boards.great stuff and sustanible product since they only use the bark.

Wpgsup

I've no experience with any of the different deck pads as I haven't built my first board yet but in my sourcing research someone pointed me to this site

http://www.canalrubber.com/EVA_2.html

Says its waterproof, and price seems cheap

Thanks
D

Recent Posts

September 19, 2024, 05:49:13 AM

Recent Topics

topic
lazymodo
September 19, 2024, 05:49:13 AM
topic
B-Walnut