Author Topic: 100 Waves To Recovery  (Read 180 times)

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
100 Waves To Recovery
« on: June 27, 2024, 10:47:09 AM »
Been a while since I posted. Still at it and doing a fund raiser for addiction recovery counseling this summer. A surfer's wife I know organizes this service and it's her fourth year at it. Figured I'd jump on board, no pun intended! 😂
Hope all is well w/you Zoners and keep the stoke strong! 😎🤙🏄‍♂️
Cross posted in Sessions

100 Waves 4 Recovery

https://secure.givelively.org/donate/sea-change-recovery-community-organization-inc/100-waves-4-recovery/marc-halikas

One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

Dusk Patrol

• Teahupoo Status
  • PNW
    • View Profile
Re: 100 Waves To Recovery
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2024, 03:18:21 PM »
 Amirable... Also - one addiction (surfing) to help with others : )   
RS 14x26; JL Destroyers 9'8 & 8'10; BluePlanet 9'4; SB Longboard SUP 9'x26" (prone board)

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2024, 10:14:07 PM »
https://secure.givelively.org/donate/sea-change-recovery-community-organization-inc/100-waves-4-recovery

Y'all pitch in a buck or two. Lost two family members to alcohol and drugs in the last month.

And if your drinking or using causes a problem of any sort for you, you can get help from folks like this. And there's some sort of help in every town in America or even online if you're shy.

If someone else's drinking or using bothers you, check out Al-Anon for friends and families. Saved a lot of people I know's sanity.

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:25:51 PM »
Thanx Dawn and Dusk...LOL. The two best times to surf!
Reached my 100 wave goal and surpassed the $200 goal I set for myself. Guess I'll go for another 100 in July and keep the funds flowing! Session went down in foggy sideshore fun conditions. Please consider a donation to this worthy cause. Addiction ain't no joke and will power only gets ya so far.

https://secure.givelively.org/donate/sea-change-recovery-community-organization-inc/100-waves-4-recovery/marc-halikas

« Last Edit: Today at 03:57:06 PM by surfercook »
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal